Terms and Conditions
The Wedding Awards Entries:
- the online Nomination and Registration Forms on TheWeddingAwards.org.uk (hereinafter referred to as ‘TWA’) website, must be completed before a wedding business will be accepted into the annual process.
- the TWA is not registered for VAT.
- the TWA will examine all Nominations submitted for any irregularities and may decline any Registration submission without having to provide an explanation, unless such Registration is found to be fraudulent.
- each Nominee must receive at least two non-related third party online Votes before the closing date shown in order to progress any further in the TWA selection process for the Awards year.
- the TWA categories chosen for each Awards year will be based on the number of Nominee entries received and the final categories may therefore vary annually from the indicative list shown.
- the TWA Nominees, Finalists and their guests will be invited to attend annual TWA Gala presentation/s subject to demand, where the Winners will be announced, but no-one will be obliged to attend any such event/s in order to win or collect an award.
- all decisions reached by the TWA and Judging Panel throughout the Awards selection process will be final, with no further correspondence or communication being entered into.
Entry Dates and Deadlines:
- the various annual dates and deadlines for the TWA are as follow:
- the Awards entry year dates run from 1st January to 31st December, although a few days latitude may be given to later entries at the sole discretion of the TWA due to the Bank Holiday period.
- the Nominees will be able to enter online in-between 1st September and 22nd December.
- the Finalists will be announced on 5th January
- the Voting process will continue online until 12th January, with any later votes not being accepted.
- the Winners will be named at the TWA Gala Presentation/s held before the end of February.
Nominee Eligibility and Voting:
- In order for a professional wedding supplier, service or venue in England, Wales & Scotland to be eligible for nomination into The Wedding Awards for the dates detailed above, they have to fulfil at least one of the following qualifying criteria:
- the Nominee has to be based in Northern England, Midlands, South East, South West, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, or:
- one of their Bride's, Groom's or parent’s home addresses is located in one of these Regions, or:
- the couple's civil ceremony or wedding reception takes place in one of these Regions.
- nominating and voting online are both free of charge, but this can only be undertaken once in each TWA category by each bride and groom or third party wedding professional.
- any duplicated nominations or votes will be disqualified and the Nominee dismissed from the TWA process if the voters actions are found to be deliberate or fraudulent.
- The Wedding Awards is registered under the Data Protection Act and will not disclose any of the private details provided separate to the TWA public online listing, to any other third party without express prior consent.
- the TWA will only contact you if we need to verify any of the online form details you have submitted or to provide you with more information regarding The Wedding Awards process.
Copyright and Intellectual Rights:
- the Copyright and Intellectual Rights to any and all of the original TWA web site design, text, logos, brand and/or images are the legal property of, or used with the original legal owner’s express permission, or used under licence by The Wedding Awards.
- these legal rights specifically incorporate the main TWA blue and white logo which is registered as a Trade Mark at the Intellectual Property Office, Newport, England.
- any Nominee, Finalist, Winner who undertakes any unlawful or inappropriate action that brings the TWA and/or its legal property into disrepute, or who ceases trading or is declared insolvent/bankrupt, will be removed from all TWA marketing and promotional material immediately and will no longer be permitted to use any of the aforementioned TWA legal property in any way to promote either themselves or any of their businesses.
- any individual or Company or business using any of the aforementioned TWA legal property without express prior written consent, will be prosecuted for breach of the aforementioned legal rights, with significant financial compensation sought for all damages and costs incurred.
- the potential legal actions outlined above may be regrettable, but are necessary in order to protect not only the integrity of the TWA, but also that of all the reputable professional businesses which take part.
- the original Copyright to all of the main photographs used on the TWA website is owned by Lesley & Shaun Meredith photography, to whom grateful acknowledgement is given for their use.
- the original Copyright to all the logos, images and photographs provided by the various wedding Nominees for their business listings on the TWA website belongs to them, or is licensed to them, or is copyright free, and cannot be copied without their express prior permission.
- the original Copyright to the TWA logos, graphics and designs used on the TWA website and created by D4 Design & Print Ltd, is held by them.
- the original Copyright to the TWA website build, design, coding and licensed software used in creating the site is held by Sites in Mind.
- any and all unauthorised copying or use of any of the contents of the TWA website without the express prior agreement in writing of its owners will be actionable in Law.